Sunday, April 23, 2006

Black & White

I've been in Melbourne this week on holidays and staying with my family. My brother has the PC game Black & White 2. I played it a bit and found it quite interesting. Basically, you play the part of a god who can interact with a primitive world with villages and villagers. The Artificial Intelligence engine is pretty cool and it's a fun game. While some would class it as heretical and pagan, I was 'spiritually enlightened' while playing it ;-)
I was at the Australian Gospel Music Festival over the Easter weekend and something Irish worship leader Robin Mark said triggered my thinking. He prayed that we would 'make God's name great on the earth.' (He was one of the best people I heard over the weekend, he's an amazing worhsip leader!)
So as I'm playing Black & White I was thinking, 'as a god in this game, what do I want these villagers to do?' I want them to recognise me and what I do for them, to think I'm pretty cool, and to worship me.
In one sense, God wants that from us. To recognise his existence and to worship him.

No comments: